This year is going by too fast! I’m in a bit of denial that we will be celebrating Thanksgiving in a few weeks. Really? Thanksgiving?!?!? Nevertheless, it’s time to take down those Halloween decorations and start “warming our home” with decor themed for the season.
As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was asked to visit my local store in search of fall decor. So with the giftcard provided, I went to my local Walmart to see what I could find. Since Thanksgiving is only a few short weeks away, I opted to find some fall decor that can easily warm up my home for Thanksgiving guests. When it comes to decorating for the Fall season stick with warm colors. It doesn’t take a lot to make a home feel like fall. Here are 5 ways to easily warm up your home for Fall get-togethers:
1. Entry Way: welcome guests to your home with fall decor with a message in your entry way. This adorable wooden, owl plaque from Walmart (originally priced at $6.97; on clearance in my store for $1.74) is the first thing that welcomes guests to our home for the Holidays. This plaque can easily be hung on a wall or the front door. I’m totally in love with the owl trend this year and this is just one example of how to incorporate a trendy theme into your home decor.
2. Themed Towels: an easy way to add a bit of holiday to your kitchen is with themed towels. Walmart often has themed kitchen hand towels in their stores to match whatever the current holiday is. This Thanksgiving themed towel was only $.98. Hanging on my stove this towel instantly reminds me of the season.
3. Artificial Flowers: the holidays are a busy time of year for many. This is the time of year when I am thankful for artificial flowers like this mum basket (originally priced $5.97, Walmart; on clearance in my store for $1.49). A small, simple arrangement of flowers can instantly bring the warmth of fall to your bathroom. The best part is because these are artificial flowers, there is no watering that needs to be done.
4. Tablecloth: Thanksgiving is a holiday often centered around the kitchen table. When inviting guests over for dinner an easy way to make your home warm and inviting for Thanksgiving is through a beautiful tablecloth. That tablecloth doesn’t have to break your budget though. Walmart has beautiful Better Homes and Gardens (one of my favorite brands) tablecloths in patterns for the season. This seasonal plaid tablecloth was just $10.50.
5. Table Centerpiece: when it comes to sitting down with the family for the Thanksgiving meal, a simple centerpiece that doesn’t take up too much space or distract from interacting with your guests just ties the whole look of the dinner together. I love how the Better Homes and Gardens 3-Piece Hurricane Set ($9.96) compliments the tablecloth nicely without being too over the top. I paired this centerpiece with a battery operated LED candle, also found at Walmart for $5. This centerpiece is great because as the seasons and holidays change so can the decor around the candle. Change the tablecloth and remove the leaves around the candle after Thanksgiving and place ornaments or a wreath to quickly dress up your table again for the next holiday.
Whether you are just decorating your home for fall or getting ready for guests on Thanksgiving, Walmart has a variety of home decor to match the season.