I love a good spa day. But instead of going to an actual spa, my favorite way to relax and rejuvenate is with an at-home spa day. Taking the time to pamper myself is something that I try to do at least once a week. Sometimes its on the weekend while other times it can be in the middle of the week just because I need a pick-me-up.
Since I love my at-home spa time so much, I’m constantly on the lookout for products to try out and use on these special nights. So when Walmart asked me as a part of the Walmart Moms if I would like to try a new product to hit their store shelves called Aqua Spa. Obviously, I just had to say yes! An excuse for a bonus night of pampering, sign me up. Unlike visiting an unfamiliar spa, creating your own spa experience at home is a lot more relaxing in my opinion. You can take as much or as little of time as you need depending on your schedule. As a Mom, you don’t have to worry about babysitters because you can easily get your “spa” on after the kidlets are in bed for the night. The hard part is just figure out what time is the most relaxing and convenient for you.
Aqua Spa, as I mentioned, is a new product line at Walmart aimed at helping you get that spa-like experience at home on a budget. There are a few different products in the Aqua Spa line and comes in 3 relaxing scent combinations:
- Soothe with Eucalyptus + Mint: soothe tired muscles
- Relax with Lavender + Chamomile: relax the body and calm the mind
- Energize with Citrus + Ginger: energize your day and sharpen your senses
All of the scents smell great. I was actually surprised that my favorite scent out of the three was actually the Energize scent with Citrus + Ginger since citrus nor ginger are fragrances that I normally gravitate towards. So, what kinds of products can you expect to find at Walmart from Aqua Spa?
- Body Creme: these body creme’s are thicker than regular lotion, absorb quickly into the skin, and leaves your skin feeling soft and pampered. Used at the end of your spa experience or just as something extra during your regular routine, this perfectly scented body creme’s helps to get rid of dry skin and also has Marine Youth Complex to help fight the signs of aging.
- Bath Soak: this soak can be added to your regular bath to fill the room with calming aroma. Unlike a regular bath salt, this bath soak has a slightly foaming action.
- Bath Oil: bath oil is something I’ve never heard of nor used before, but I’m very intrigued by it. This bath oil when added to your bath hydrates and replenishes moisture in your skin.
- Body Cleanser: no spa day is complete without a good body wash. In your favorite Aqua Spa scent this body cleanser helps to clean the skin without over-drying.
My at-home spa routine, using Aqua Spa:
Typically with any at-home spa night I like to start off with a shower first. I like to scrub off all the grit and grim of the day before I get to pampering and relaxing so naturally I start off with the Body Cleanser paired with a good mesh bath pouf which helps to exfoliate the skin. Then it’s onto relaxation with a warm bath using the Bath Soak and Bath Oil. To set the mood I like to add music, candles, and something to read. Lastly, to finish my spa night and keep that soft skin feeling I use a thick Body Cream immediately after.
I have enjoyed incorporating Aqua Spa products into my at-home spa nights. I love the scents, especially Energize with Citrus +Ginger. All of the products work well together leaving my skin feeling soft and my mind relaxed. Aqua Spa products can be found at Walmart stores for $7.97.