Before we know it, we will be gathering around our family table for Thanksgiving. When it comes to Thanksgiving, typically the meal is what steals the show. So when it comes to your Thanksgiving table centerpiece you want to keep it simple yet beautiful and inviting for guests. As a Walmart Mom, I was asked to share a Thanksgiving craft with all of you. I had a rough idea of what I wanted to create for my table centerpiece for Thanksgiving but it wasn’t until I took a trip to my local Walmart for craft supplies that I knew what I wanted to do. I fell so madly in love with these burlap poinsettias that I just KNEW that I had to turn them into a Thanksgiving centerpiece.
Supplies Needed to create this Centerpiece:
All products can be found at Walmart.
- Kraft Shred (in coordinating color, I found mine in the Christmas section at Walmart): $.97
- 2 different Holiday Time Decorative Picks in gold- $3.48
- Holiday Time Decorative Monogram (family initial): $.98
- 3.8in x 8.8in floral foam cone: $3.47
- 2 Glitter Burlap Poinsettia Bush: $3.00
- Mainstays Placemat: $1.96
- 8 in round clear vase: $3.97
How to create a Burlap Poinsettia Thanksgiving Centerpiece
- First cut apart the burlap poinsettias from the main base and set aside.
- Place a 3.8 in x 8.8 in cone shaped piece of foam in an 8 in tall round vase.
- Fill around the cone with brown Kraft Shred. Use a small stick to push the Kraft Shred around the foam and fill in any gaps so that the foam is not visible from outside the vase.
- Before filling the vase completely with the Kraft Shred, place a glittered letter ornament of your families initial in the center then fill behind the ornament with Kraft Shred.
- Once the vase is completely filled and no foam can be seen, then it is time to start sticking the burlap poinsettias into the foam inside of the vase. Remove the bottom leaves and cut the stem of each poinsettias in half so that they aren’t too difficult to stick into the foam and your final arrangement isn’t too tall.
- Once all of the burlap poinsettias are stuck inside of the foam and arranged the way that you like, with the discarded leaves fill in any gaps where the foam can still be seen.
- To finish the centerpiece, take decorative picks in a coordinating gold glittery color and stick them into any empty spaces in the arrangement.
- Place on a coordinating placemat in the center of your thanksgiving table.
I am so in love with the way that this floral arrangement turned out. It incorporates not only my love of burlap but also glitter. It’s sparkly and eye catching without being too over the top or in your face. It has an understated elegance about it that will compliment your Thanksgiving Table rather than take away from it. This floral arrangement only takes a few hours to create and all supplies can be found at Walmart. I’m pretty sure I’ll be keeping this on my table past Thanksgiving as it also compliments my burlap Christmas tree theme perfectly!