I love to craft during the holidays. Today, I am going to share with you a quick and simple craft that I learned during a recent trip to Arkansas with the Walmart Moms. This craft is so adorable and simple enough that they kids can also help out a bit. Crafting is so much fun especially when the end result can be used in your holiday decor. So if you are looking for a simple way to dress up your holiday table, keep reading to find out how to make these adorable reindeer napkin holders with just a few simple craft supplies from Walmart.
For this craft you will need the following materials which can be found in most Walmart stores:
Large Wiggly Eyes
Brown Fuzzy Sticks
Wired Burlap Ribbon
To make the reindeer napkin holder:
- Cut 10 inches of wired burlap ribbon
- Fold down each corner on one end of the burlap ribbon to make a point. Hot glue the corners down to keep them in place.
- Make a loop with the burlap ribbon, overlapping the pointed end on top. Make the width of the inner circle wide enough to easily slip your fabric napkin in and out.
- Hot glue the pointed end of the ribbon down to keep the curl of the ribbon.
- Then hot glue two wiggly eyes and an acrylic jewel for a nose onto the pointed end of the burlap ribbon to look like the face of a reindeer.
- Cut two triangles out of your brown felt. Curl the bottom to corners of your triangle until they meet in the middle. Hot glue the corners in place to make an ear for the reindeer.
- Hot glue both ears onto the inside part of the napkin holder near the eyes of the reindeer.
- Then take a brown fuzzy stick, cut it in half. Then 2 more fuzzy sticks and cut them in 3 pieces each. Use these pieces to make the antlers for your reindeer.
- Hot glue the antlers into place behind the ears on your napkin holder.
- Slip in a fabric napkin and place on a plate to decorate your table for your next holiday party.
How adorable are these reindeer napkin holders?
I just love the way that this little guy turned out. Of course, you could make a “Rudolf” reindeer by changing the jewel for his nose to a red color but I kind of like the silver tiny heart.