This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
Level up your next family meal with these irresistible garlic knots. These garlic knots are so incredibly delicious you’ll want to make them more than once this week. Great paired with a variety of dishes, we think they are best when served alongside our favorite homemade Italian dishes like lasagna or pizza.
Does the type of flour really matter?
The key to the most delicious garlic knots is all in the type of flour that you choose. I know buying an additional type of flour can be a hassle. But trust and believe it makes a HUGE difference in the taste and texture of your finished bread.
So, does it matter what type of flour that you use in this recipe? Yes, bread flour is recommended for this recipe but you could try substituting other flours like all-purpose. Just know that the end result will vary slightly.
What type of yeast should I use for Garlic Knots?
This recipe calls for fast rising yeast. The reason for this is simply to have garlic knots ready to eat quicker. I have a hungry family of boys to feed, so anytime I can speed up the process of getting dinner on the table the better.
Feel free to use whatever type of yeast you have on hand for this recipe. The only difference will be in the rising time. Just make sure you allow enough time for the dough to rise properly until doubled in size.
Irresistible Garlic Knots Recipe
- 1 tbsp Fast Rising Yeast (1 packet of Fast Rising Yeast can be used as a substitute)
- 3 tbsp dark brown sugar (light brown sugar can be substituted)
- 3 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups warm water
- 5 cups bread flour (all purpose can be substituted but texture of garlic knots will be different)
Homemade Garlic Butter
- 6 tbsp salted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic (1/2 tsp garlic powder can be substituted)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- In a stand mixer combine yeast, brown sugar, salt, oil, and warm water.
- Mix with a bread hook until ingredients are dissolved. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the bread flour to the wet ingredients. Mix on medium speed until a dough ball forms. Continue to mix on medium speed until dough has pulled away from the sides (sides should look clean).
- Stop mixing. Remove mixing bowl from mixer. Cover with a towel. Allow to rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- After the dough has risen. Punch down the dough. Take chunks of dough and roll into a "snake" shape. Tie the rope of dough into a knot like you would begin to tie your shoes.
- Place the dough knot onto a greased baking sheet. Allow to rest on the baking sheet approximately 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in a preheated 450°F oven for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove cooked bread from the oven. Brush with garlic butter mixture.
- Serve and enjoy warm!
- Melt the salted butter in a small dish.
- Combine the melted butter, miced garlic (this tool makes mincing garlic super simple), and parsley.
- Brush on top of warm bread knots with a pastry brush.
Great as a Side or Make ‘Em a Meal
These garlic knots compliment most Italian dishes perfectly. They can also make a great meal all on their own.
With the right dip, these knots of bread can go from side dish to main in no time flat. This inexpensive homemade pizza sauce recipe compliments these knots perfectly. After mixing the homemade pizza sauce, transfer it to a small saucepan and heat it up on the stovetop on low to medium heat until heated through. Serve in a small dish alongside knots for dipping.
It’s so good!
My mouth is watering! Garlic knots are probably one of my most favorite things in the entire world.
I must make these. We love garlic knots here. Perfect when I make pasta.
Those look so warm and delicious. I could make a meal just of these. Pass the rolls, please!
I’m a huge fan of garlic, I just know I’ll love this recipe.
It sounds and looks great! I bet this could be a great pair with pastas or soups.
I love the taste of garlic, and this garlic knots recipe looks really delicious. YUM!
These garlic knots look absolutely irresistible! I can’t wait to try this recipe.
These look amazing. We love garlic knots in our house. I can’t wait to try making them myself now. Yum!
YUM! These are the BEST! I will have to try making these soon!
I have never had a garlic knot and would be happy to try it out. It looks really yummy
My family will go crazy over these garlic knots! They are so inviting!
Ha, I love this. What a fantastic recipe. I’d really enjoy these as would all my family.
These garlic knots look divine. I can see them going perfectly with soup or lentils. Can’t wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing!