26/365: Vlogging

Staying up late has it’s benefits. It is the perfect time for me to vlog.
Here are a few reasons why I prefer to vlog at night:

• Everyone is sleeping which means no interruptions during filming
  • Controlled lighting. With no sun streaming through the windows one can control how much or little light to use when shooting a vlog. You can tell in the photo that I like to use a simple floor lamp for some extra light.
  • All day I’m able to “prepare” my “script” in my head. Which makes for quicker filming later.
  • Quiet. It is so quiet at night which adds for better audio on video.
    • 26/365:  Vlogging

So as you might have guessed I was up all night vlogging. I’m a bit tired at the moment but I’m hoping the extra espresso in my latte this morning will give me a jolt of energy I need to get things finished today.

Are you a vlogger?

Share with us in the comments where you vlog. If you have any vlogging tips or tricks feel free to share those as well.

1. January 27, 2010 / 1:05 pm

Nope not really a vlogger here. I do them once every blue moon :)
    I think my issue though is time. I dont have time at night to do it… Im just exhausted come 8pm… and in the past have had so much work to do w/ my photography business… that it came 1st. Now that im on maternity leave i prob do have a little more time at night.. but with not sleeping well at night its the last thing I want to do lol. Its fun to watch vlogs tho :)
    I think for me the future of vlogs will be recorded during the day or not at all.
    Ur set ups nice tho! what lil camera is that?

• February 2, 2010 / 12:12 pm

@Drea….I know you aren’t a vlogger. It would be fun if you were though. I completely understand time restraints especially when preggers. You just worry about keeping that baby happy. The camera in the photo was given to me by a company…..it is a Flip.

2. January 27, 2010 / 5:14 pm

I do vlog from time to time. I prefer to do it at night too but I’m never able to get it done then. I do like a quiet house though. I like your light setup. Nice! I have a Microsoft webcam for my laptop and I’ve noticed that when I use it I get a delay in my audio…has that ever happened to you? I don’t suppose you have any old flip cameras or webcams you’d like to part with do you? ;-)

• February 2, 2010 / 12:10 pm

@Heather….Hey we have the same name! Anyway, I have a Logitech Quickcam Pro 9000 that I use as my webcam as well as various other Flip video cameras. I don’t really know how to fix the delay in the audio when you record. One thing that might help would be to make sure that the webcam is the only thing running on the computer at the time, don’t be running other programs or downloading things that can cause the computer to overwork. I’m sorry but I don’t have any extra flips floating around, they usually get passed down to the hubby for him to use. If ever I do or he does have one that we no longer need, I’ll be sure to let you know.

3. January 27, 2010 / 5:46 pm

I vlogged once or twice, but it requires using my husbands computer (webcam) and he doesn’t like me using his computer. lol

• February 2, 2010 / 12:07 pm

@Jacklyn….hubby needs to share more :P I bet you are a fun vlogger.

4. January 27, 2010 / 8:05 pm

Never thought of the idea of a basic floor lamp. I’ve been vlogging since the beginning of the year… more like a video journal of my exercise plan but plan to work on other things as well. Thank you for this post.

• February 2, 2010 / 12:07 pm

@Yoly….you are very welcome and congrats on stepping into the vlogging world. There is tons of fun in here ^_^

5. January 28, 2010 / 12:12 pm

I have never tried it…maybe one day!

• February 2, 2010 / 12:06 pm

@Shelly….vlogging is fun. I like the personal-ness of it. You get to see the blogger behind the blog which is always fun.

6. February 11, 2010 / 2:29 pm

I love vlogging and have a whole site devoted to tips for vlogging. :)
    I enjoy watching your vlogs.
    Right now I’ve been using my husband’s construction style lights that clamp. I know that many people use the type of light you showed so I’m keeping my eye out for a good sale on one.
    Happy Vlogging!