The weather outside is frightful but soup makes it more delightful. This weekâ€™s Walmart Meal Solution is quick and easy Santa Fe Soup. Since itâ€™s been so cold in my neck of the woods these past few weeks, Iâ€™ve been craving nothing BUT soup. Eating the same olâ€™ soup all the time though, can become a bit boring. So the other day for lunch I decided to make a Spicy, Sweet, Santa Fe Soup served with tortilla chips. It was definitely a welcomed change to the kinds of soup that I normally would eat when Iâ€™m craving soup..
Walmart Meal Solution: Santa Fe Soup Ingredients
Prices may vary depending on where you live
- 12.5 oz Great Value Chicken Breast- $1.96
- 24 oz. Great Value Chunky Mild Salsa- $1.99
- 32 oz. Great Value Chicken Broth- $1.27
- 15.25 oz. Del Monte Whole Kernel Corn- $0.82
- 13 oz. Sanititas Corn Tortillas- $1.98
- 17.5 oz. Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookies- $1.72
Using most of the ingredients in the list for Walmartâ€™s Meal Solution this week, I created a Spicy, Sweet Santa Fe Soup. Instead of regular salsa and ommitting the need for a can of kernel corn, I opted to use the World Table Sweet Corn Salsa as the base for my soup. Add in a few more spicies and ingredients. Warm & Serve. This is a very quick Meal Solution this week. It would be a great go-to meal to have on hand for nights or lunches when you donâ€™t have time to cook.
Spicy, Sweet Santa Fe Soup
- 1 12.5 oz can Great Value Chunk Chicken Breast
- 1 16 oz. jar World Table Sweet Corn Salsa
- 1 TBSP Brown Sugar (optional)
- 2 Cups Great Value 99.9% Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Tsp Tumerick
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat through on med-high heat for approximately 10 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips.
This weekâ€™s Dessert Suggestion: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mmmmm I love nothing more than a great Chocolate Chip Cookie to end any meal. Instead of using the suggested Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie mix, I opted to pick up the package with Walnuts added in.
Do you have any quick lunch meal solutions?
What meal do you warm up with on a cold winterâ€™s day?
For more ideas check out Meal Solutions on Walmart.com.
Disclosure: This post is part of a series of Meal Solutions with Walmart that some of my fellow Walmart Moms (Jenn of Frugal Upstate, Denise of Wholesome Mommy, and Lori at My Wooden Spoon) and I are participating in. Walmart has provided me with compensation and a gift card in return for this post. My participation is voluntary and opinions are my own.