I’ve been wanting to throw my kidlets a Halloween Party for a couple of years now. As a kid, one of my fondest memories was when my parents threw us a Halloween Party and I wanted to create the same memory for my own kidlets. Walmart recently improved their Party Supply section in their stores and as a Walmart Mom I was given the opportunity to check it out. Since we don’t have any birthdays happening in our family right now, I opted to throw that Halloween themed party I’ve always wanted to do. I went in-store to find all of our supplies.
One would think that I would go to the “Halloween” section of Walmart to find our Halloween party themed stuff, but actually the majority of our party supplies came from the party section. Did you know that there is a $.97 section in the party supplies area of Walmart? I love this! I usually buy stuff for parties at a store where everything costs $1 but now that I know Walmart has a $.97 section, I’m definitely checking them out first. I was able to find cups, plates, napkins, signs, table covers, goody bag fillers, and more all for $.97 each.
- Disposable Cups, Plates, Napkins, Utensils: I love that the majority of these party supplies are only $.97!!! And they have just about every color one could think of or match to whatever themed party.
- Decorations: streamers, signs, balloons. These simple decorations pull the entire look of the party together. Look for various themes in the party section of Walmart. Our Halloween themed decorations were only $.97 each for streamers, diecut shapes, and banners. They have simple to elaborate kid’s party themes to choose from.
- Finger Foods: I love finger foods at a party. Items like chicken wings, chicken nuggets, cupcakes, cookies, popcorn, chips and dip. The bakery section at Walmart always has premade cookies and cupcakes available to pickup whenever so one doesn’t have to wait on an order to be processed. Although if one is throwing a birthday party, Walmart has some pretty cool designs in their cake book. Also we love the pre-packaged chicken wings and nuggets that only take a few minutes in the oven to heat before our parties, this saves us time in the kitchen.
- Goody Bags: we like to pass out goody bags to our guests. Besides the filler ideas in the party section of Walmart for kid’s parties, one idea would be to make a simple snack bag filled with popcorn and mini M&M’s. We passed these out at our Halloween Party just before we all sat down to watch a movie together.
- Games: whether it is pin the tail on the donkey or a pinata, games are a blast with friends. If you are having an outdoor party look for pinata’s in the party section or yard games in the outdoor/sport section of Walmart they are usually pretty affordable. We filled our pinata ourselves with our favorite candy and the kidlets loved having a swing at it. Little tin buckets found in the party section for only $.97 each help little ones gather the candy and makes a great take-home item to send home with guests.
- Table Centerpiece: I think sometimes people may forget about a table centerpiece. For our party I opted to pick up a simple potted plant and place it inside a pumpkin as our table centerpiece. Flowers are a great option for the centerpiece of any party and typically are pretty affordable at Walmart whether they are cut flowers in a vase or a dressed up potted plant.
Top Supplies Needed for ANY Party
Whether one is throwing a big party or a small one, Walmart has some great $.97 party supply options to help make hosting a party a little bit more affordable.