It wasn’t too long ago when Hubby and I decided to “trade work spaces”. He decided to move his office upstairs and I decided to take over the basement. Moving and changing up the look, feel, and purpose of a room is something that my husband and I enjoy.
I spend a lot of time on Pinterest. It is such an amazing source for inspiration. But one of the things that I like most about Pinterest is that it encourages me to actually get up off the
couch computer to try something new & different.
One such inspiration came when I was pinning happily along one day late at night when I came across this amazing photo of bench made out of an old crib mattress. I will admit that I was first drawn to the photo because of the damask pattern. But as I looked at it, I quickly realized that this was something that I could sort of recreate in my own house.
Not too long ago I took an old coffee table that my Mom snagged at a yard sale and with a little paint it was turned into a great storage bench. And after searching through the basement I found that we still were holding onto that old crib mattress from when my kidlets were little. I was excited beyond words!!!
Below is a photo of how we dedicated a corner of our “Mom Cave” into a kid-friendly space.
- Scrapbook storage cubes from Michael’s
- the crib mattress idea from Pinterest: we did not have any crib sheets anymore so instead I used a satin striped black table cloth that I tucked and secured under the mattress.
- corkboard spray painted with chalkboard paint
- diy storage bench made out of an old coffee table
- affordable folding table from Walmart, used as a computer desk
- damask curtains from Target
- bookshelf for kidlets books (I need to paint this white…it’s on the to-do list)