One thing I look forward every year is Mother’s Day. On Mother’s Day at my house my husband takes over the role of “MOM” for the day. Breakfast-in-Bed is what my husband and kidlets usually surprise me with first thing in the morning.
With the help of Walmart, I put together a simple Breakfast-in-Bed project to WOW Mom on Mother’s Day morning. Here are the things you may need to get started:
All items found at Walmart
- Mainstays Sheet Cake Pan (15.5 in. x 10.5 in.) $3.82
- Wall Sticker with Family saying $.97
- Square Clear Glass Dinner Plate $3.00
To put together the Breakfast-in-Bed tray. Remove any stickers and wash tray. Dry completely. Remove sticker from Wall Sticker backing and place in the center or diagonally on the tray. The sticker will come off in the dishwasher so avoid getting the sticker wet on the tray. It can be easily removed or left on and used as a decoration. Place glass dinner plate on one side of the tray. The glass allows Mom to see the family message underneath.
- Scrapbook Paper in Mom’s Favorite Pattern or Mom’s favorite picture
- Photo Tumbler (found with the picture frames at Walmart) $4.52
Customized for Mom Photo Tumbler
This photo tumbler is such an easy gift to put together for Mom. The entire tumbler comes apart. There is an outside layer and an inside layer with a piece of paper in between. Remove the paper from the tumbler and use as a guide to cut out the scrapbook paper. One can also add photos to the tumbler as well. When finished decorating the scrapbook paper place back inside the cup and add to the tray.
Watch Video on YouTube: http://youtu.be/z0omUsa45ww
- IHOP Stuffed French Toast
- Fresh Fruit– I picked up a Melon Trio in the produce section of Walmart (already sliced and ready for the plate)
- Powder Sugar for dusting the French Toast
- Starbucks VIA for Mom’s Homemade Cafe Latte (the easy way) in her new Photo Tumbler
Mother’s Day Breakfast-in-Bed Meal Plan
I thought it would be fun to give Mom a restaurant-like meal in bed on Mother’s Day morning. IHOP makes stuffed french toast that one can find in the freezer section at Walmart. Follow the package directions to cook them. Add them to your clear glass plate and dust with some powdered sugar. Spoon on some fruit like the Melon Trio. In Mom’s new Photo Tumbler add her favorite coffee beverage (if she likes coffee).
Want some more Mother’s Day gift ideas?
For the Mom who loves to Garden: Garden Gift Set Idea
Build a Basket of Mom’s Favorite Things
Make Mom her favorite Coffeehouse Beverage: Cafe Latte (the easy way)
Mother’s Day Gift Idea Under $20: Fashion Tote for the On-the-Go Mom