I can’t believe that in a few short days we will be celebrating Thanksgiving. Where did the time go? What is even more unbelievable is that it’s time to start preparing for Black Friday. Last year, was the first time I participated in Black Friday. For me, it was a lot of fun! So I’ve put together my own “survival guide” for Black Friday:
- Coffee! whether I’m staying up late or getting up early I’ve got to have some coffee with me. What I found out last year was that many of the places I would go for a cup o’ joe aren’t open on either Thanksgiving or early on Black Friday. So this year I’m going prepared with a travel mug of my favorite beverage.
- Make a List & Stick to it! in the middle of the store with people all around it’s easy to get caught up in the excitement. Making a list keeps me on track. My list lets me know what I’m going there for and serves as a reminder so I don’t forget anything.
- Get there early! I always try to get to the store that I’m shopping at on Black Friday early.
- Bring a Friend/Family Member. Sometimes the products that are on our lists can be on two completely different sides of the store. This is where going with a friend or family member can help. Besides making the night/morning a lot more fun, by splitting up inside the store can make it a bit easier to get the items crossed off our lists.
- Bring your cell phone & make sure it’s charged. Anyone that has gone shopping on Black Friday knows that there are a lot of people that go out for the biggest shopping day of the year. Having my cell phone with me, makes it easier to keep in touch with the people I’ve gone out shopping with and also it makes standing in any lines or waiting for when the sales start a little easier.
This year Walmart will be having 3 Black Friday events: 8pm & 10pm on Thursday & 5 am. Friday. Walmart also has provided store maps on walmart.com to make it a bit easier to find where the items on your list may be located. Another event Walmart will be having is the “1-Hour In-Stock Guarantee” on 3 select electronic items in-store at 10pm on Thursday. For more information, please visit: http://walmart.com/blackfriday.