Last Updated on
Woo-hoo! It’s the holidays! Are you excited? With the holidays often comes lots of get-togethers and holiday parties. As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was asked to share a holiday beauty look with you all. So to help you look fabulous while you are out and about I’ve put together a fairly simple holiday look that isn’t too overly complicated. The highlight of this holiday beauty look is the eyes. Since winged eyeliner is such a huge beauty trend this season, I’ll show you how to rock the eyeliner without making it too dramatic or over the top and using beauty products found at Walmart.
With the giftcard provided I went to my local Walmart store to pick up the a few additional products to complete our holiday beauty look. The products used in the video below are:
(prices mentioned from Walmart)
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation
- Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss: 110
- Covergirl Professional Loose Powder
- Real Techniques Stippling Brush
- Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer- $4.47
- Rimmel 028 Glam Eyes: English Breakfast- $3.97
- NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner- $3.57
- L’oreal Double Extend Mascara-black- $8.97
- NYC Big Bold Lipgloss -$2.97
- L’oreal Decrease Eyeshadow Base
- Maybelline The Colossal Volum’ Express: Brown Black
- Covergirl Clean Glow Blusher: 110
Watch this video on Youtube: http://youtu.be/U4SZYmH1GEs
- First, I applied the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation. Dabbing it on the 5 points of my face (forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks) then buffing it into the skin using Real Techniques Stippling Brush in small circular motions.
- Next I concealed dark circles or any other areas of my face that may need a bit of extra coverage with Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer.
- I set my foundation and concealer with Covergirl Professional Loose Powder and a big fluffy brush.
- For blush and contour, I’m using Covergirl Clean Glow. The darkest shade I’m applying underneath my cheekbones, around my hairline, a bit on my forehead, along my jawline, the sides of my nose and underneath my lips. The two lighter shades I swirled together with the same angled blush brush to apply that to the tops of my cheeks.
- Onto the eyes, first curl the lashes then apply an eyeshadow base…my personal favorite is L’oreal Decrease.
- With a fluffy shadow brush I’m applying the lightest shade of Rimmel Glam Eyes 028 to my lid.
- Next, using Covergirl Clean Glow in the middle shade and fluffy eyeshadow brush apply it in windshield wiper motions to the crease to warm it up a bit.
- Going back to our Rimmel eyeshadow palette, I’m then going to sweep the two outside shades in layers starting with the pink shade and then the grey shade just to the crease of our eyes using a medium eyeshadow brush.
- Next I’m going to apply a winged eyeliner using NYC High Definition Liquid Eyeliner. To make a wing draw a line starting at your bottom lashes and draw it up slightly towards the end of your eyebrow. The further you make the line the more dramatic it will be.
- Then with a small pencil eyeshadow brush and the darkest eyeshadow from our Rimmel eyeshadow palette just apply it to the outer corner of our eye to darken it up a bit.
- Finish the eyes by applying the two steps of the Loreal Double Extend mascara applying both steps directly after each other on one eye before moving onto the next. For our bottom lashes I applied a brown black mascara using Maybelline the Colossal Volum’ mascara.
- Then I filled in my brows and applied the lightest eyeshadow shade from our Rimmel eyeshadow palette to my browbone as a highlighter shade.
- Finish the look with a sweep of NYC Big Bold lipgloss and loose waves in your hair.
No beauty look is really complete without a fresh coat of polish on your nails. I was sent some of the new Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant nail color to try out. I choose the bright, holiday white shade 110 to paint on my nails to compliment our Holiday Beauty Look. It’s often hard to find a good white nail polish that doesn’t look too streaky or require a bunch of coats because it’s too sheer. I only needed to apply two coats of the Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant nail color in white. It does however require a good top coat overtop of it so I sealed in the color with a Salon Perfect top coat that I had on hand.
What is your favorite look to rock for the holidays? Do you like to be bold in a red lip or do you like to play up your eyes with winged eyeliner?
Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post as well as given a giftcard to purchase and/or samples of the products mentioned in this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My experience may differ from your own.