Only 5 more days until Christmas, can you believe it? Today was the last day of homeschool for my boys and I think I’m just as excited about Winter Break as they are. In preparation for next week’s holiday festivities, I of course had to do a festive nail look. I wanted something on my nails that was simple yet still reflected the Christmas season. All of the products that I used to create this “Studded” Rhinestone Santa Claus Belt Accent Nails for the holidays can be found at the drugstore.
What you’ll need:
- Essie nail polish- Fishnet Stockings (381)
- Sally Hansen Nail Art Studs Kit (the black and silver/clear studs)
- Gel Top Coat (I’m using Sally Hansen Miracle Gel No Gel Top Coat)
How to Create Rhinestone Santa Claus Belt Holiday Accent Nails at Home using Drugstore Products
- Start with clean, dry nails. Paint two coats of Essie- Fishnet Stockings onto all of your nails allowing to dry completely after each coat.
- Apply Gel Top Coat onto all of your nails except for your accent nail.
- Once all of your nails are dried, then apply the gel top coat onto your accent nail.
- While the gel top coat is still wet on your accent nail, carefully arrange the black and silver studs from the Sally Hansen Nail Art Studs Kit in the shape of Santa’s belt onto the bottom third of your nail. I used 4 silver studs in the shape of a square for the belt buckle with one black stud on one side and 3 black studs to connect to the other side. You may need more or less studs depending on the shape and placement of the design on your nail. The Nail Art Pick Up Tool included in the Sally Hansen Nail Art Studs Kit is especially helpful when applying the studs to your nails. Also, try not to move the studs around to much on your wet nail other than to press them gently on to your nail or you will ruin the look of the Essie polish.
- Allow to dry completely.