Last Updated on
The products I use in the video below to shampoo, condition, and style my hair are: Dove Quench Absolute shampoo and conditioner, Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Curl Definition Mousse, and Tresemme’ Perfectly Undone Ultra Brushable Hold Hairspray. You will also need a few other tools as well: a wide tooth comb, curling iron or styling wand (optional), and blowdryer with diffuser (optional).
How to Style Natural Curly Hair Tutorial
- First wash and condition hair with a shampoo and conditioner that will add moisture to your curly locks like Dove’s Quench Absolute shampoo and conditioner. When applying conditioner to your hair in the shower, use a wide tooth comb to distribute the conditioner evenly throughout the hair and get rid of any tangles.
- After shampooing and conditioning your hair, apply a dollop of curl defining mousse like Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Curl Definition Mousse all over your hair to help curls stay together and resist frizz. Scrunch the hair to form curls and to help distribute the product evenly throughout the hair.
- Let hair air dry or use a hairdryer with a diffuser attachment to speed up drying time and add volume. When blow drying take sections for your hair and place inside the diffuser. Hold for several seconds before moving onto the next section. Complete this process until your hair is completely dry.
- To define curls even more use a curling iron or styling wand. Grab sections of hair that need a bit more definition and wrap hair around the curling iron away from the face. Hold for 3-4 seconds and release. Remember you don’t need to re-curl your entire head of hair, just the strands of hair that need a little bit of help being a defined curl.
- To keep frizz away and our style looking beautiful all day, lightly sprits hair with Treseme’ Perfectly (un)DONE Ultra Brushable Hold Hairspray. With your fingers smooth away any frizz and redefine any curls with your fingers.
How do you style and define your curly hair?
For more easy styling tips, check out Style Made Simple on walmart.com.