I love the changing of the seasons because that means it is time to give our makeup a refresh. As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was asked to share a makeup look with all of you using some of the newest products to hit the store shelves at Walmart. I was so excited for this challenge because not only does it incorporate my love of makeup but I’m also trying out some new products that I’ve had my eye on for a while. I’m so happy to see that these products are easily available at my local Walmart store.
The first must-have item for Spring beauty is the ever-so-gorgeous Maybelline The Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette ($9.98). I adore an eyeshadow palette over single shadows for the sheer versatility of it. One can create so many different looks from one product not to mention it is tremendous to travel with. I instantly fell in love with the original The Nudes palette by Maybelline so I was so excited to see that they came out with another palette that has all the right spring shades in it.
I just love the blush tones from light to dark. I also like the mix of finishes as well from shimmer to matte which makes this palette so easy to create any makeup look with. Check out the video below to see how I used this beautiful palette to create a makeup look for Spring.
To Recreate this Spring Makeup Look:
- Curl your lashes with an eyelash curler to open up the eyes.
- Apply an eyeshadow primer/base (my favorite is L’oreal Decrease) in a patting motion all over the lid.
- Apply the lightest shade of the Maybelline the Blushed Nudes palette all over the lid.
- Then, in the crease apply the matte blush shade with a fluffy shadow crease brush.
- Next, with a smaller eyeshadow brush pack on the shimmery pink shade all over the lid.
- Apply a deeper shade into the outside corner to give the eyes some dimension.
- With a small pencil shadow brush apply a medium toned shade to your lower lashline.
- With your fluffy crease brush, buff out any harsh lines between your lid color and crease as well as underneath the eye on your lower lashline.
- Apply the lightest shade to your brow bone and blend out the edge of the crease color.
- Apply a thin line of L’oreal Infallible Smokissime powder eyeliner to your upper lashline only.
- With a small pencil eyeshadow brush smudge out the line using any darker shade from the Maybelline The Blushed Nudes eyeshadow palette so that there are no harsh lines.
- Fill in brows with the pencil of the Wet N Wild Coloricon Brow Pencil and brush through with the small spooled brush at the opposite end.
- Complete your eye look by apply a coat or two of L’oreal Miss Manga Rock mascara to both upper and lower lashes.
I’ve been interested in trying the L’oreal Smokissime Powder Eyeliner Pen ($7.97). I’ve never tried a true powdered eyeliner before and this is an all-in-one. The powdered eyeliner is actually in the lid of the pen so every time you screw the cap onto the eyeliner pen you apply more product to the applicator. The applicator is a bit large and would be great for that smokey eye look. For daytime, the use of an eyeshadow brush helps to blend out any harsh lines.
When it comes to brows I love powdered brow kits as sometimes pencils can be a bit too harsh. The Wet N Wild Bow to the Brow Coloricon Brow Pencil is a perfect all-in-one brow product to keep with you in your purse makeup bag for on-the-go touchups. The pencil is very pigmented so not much pressure is needed to see the color on your brows and I love the built in spooled brush at the end to comb the brows and distribute the pencil evenly.
Lastly, a trend you may see a lot this Spring is bold lashes. I love this trend, personally, as I’m always playing up my eyes when I do my makeup. I tried the original L’oreal Miss Manga mascara ($6.97) and have fallen in love with it over time. Well, now L’oreal has introduced a new Miss Manga mascara called: Voluminous Miss Manga Rock mascara. Channeling your inner rockstar has never been so easy as this mascara gives you those bold, unmistakable lashes. At first I was afraid I wouldn’t like this mascara because of the brush. But after trying it out, the brush works great. My lashes aren’t too clumpy and I love the definition that it adds to my eye look. Since finding this mascara at my local Walmart it has quickly become my go-to mascara in a very short time. I find myself constantly reaching for this mascara to finish an eye makeup look.