I love the concept of creating a dedicated space for one particular task. In my home I have an area dedicated to making popcorn and all the fixings for a perfect movie night at home as well as a coffee and tea area. On a recent trip with the Walmart Moms to the Walmart Headquarters in Arkansas we had the opportunity to sample all kinds of delicious Holiday goodies as well as get a sneak peek at festive holiday apparel, fun holiday crafts to do with the kids, and tips and tricks for perfect holiday hair and makeup.
When it comes to Holiday Entertaining I like the idea of giving people the opportunity to create their own treats. On our trip the lovely folks at Walmart had set up a s’mores bar for us complete with everything we need to create our own s’mores. It was so much fun and interesting to see how each person created their own type of s’more.
Once I returned home, I looked at the Holiday Entertaining Guide on walmart.com and saw that in there they created a coffee bar. Of course, I love this idea as well and it is so simple to create. Inspired by both the idea of the s’more and coffee bars from Walmart, I decided to set up a Hot Beverage Bar in my home for holiday guests and family to easily create their own hot beverages to warm up with on a cold, winter day using ingredients and products that can be found at Walmart.
How to create a DIY Hot Beverage Bar for Holiday Guests
To create a Hot Beverage Bar for my guests I used some things that I already had plus some ingredients that I found at my local Walmart store. A Hot Beverage Bar can be customized however you would like using your favorite ingredients, since I wanted the main drinks to be a salted caramel hot chocolate and a vanilla peppermint mocha I opted to pick up ingredients to make these two drinks. However, this is just a small sampling of drink combinations that one can create with their own hot beverage bar.
- Suggested products for a hot beverage bar:
- Keurig or Coffee Maker
- Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate Mix (right now Walmart has a large 30 envelope box of Hot Chocolate mix in stores that would be perfect for large crowds)
- Your favorite coffee or K-cup packs
- Sea Salt (coarse)
- Caramel and Chocolate sauce
- Extra Creamy Whipped Cream
- Candy Canes
- Chocolate Sprinkles
- Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- Coffee Mate Natural Bliss- Vanilla
using ingredients that can be found at Walmart
I opted to use a Keurig 2.0 as our main brewing system because it gives guests the option of either making hot water or brewing coffee for their favorite hot beverage so both kids and adults can enjoy it.
Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
6 oz hot water
1 envelope Hot chocolate Mix
Coarse Sea Salt
Extra Creamy Whipped Cream
Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- Empty contents of hot chocolate packet into a mug.
- Pour 6 oz of hot water over top
- Stir until hot chocolate mix has dissolved completely.
- Top with extra creamy whipped cream.
- Drizzel caramel sauce over top of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with coarse sea salt and mashmallow bits.
Vanilla Peppermint Mocha
6 oz coffee
1 envelope hot chocolate mix
1 Peppermint Candy Cane
1/4 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss- Vanilla coffee creamer
Crushed candy cane garnish (optional)
- Empty contents of hot chocolate mix into a mug.
- Add 6 oz of fresh brewed coffee from a coffee maker or using your favorite K-cup in a Keurig machine.
- Add 1/4 cup of Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Vanilla Coffee Creamer
- Stir until hot chocolate mix is dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream
- Drizzle with chocolate sauce
- Add crushed peppermint on top for garnish
- Finish by adding a peppermint candy cane to the drink
What is your favorite hot beverage to enjoy during the holidays?
Don’t forget to check out the Holiday Entertaining Guide while it is still available on walmart.com for more great Holiday Entertaining ideas and recipes.