We just had our first cold day last week and I couldn’t be happier. With the first signs of Fall I can’t help but get excited about the colder months and, of course, the holidays. But with the holidays quickly approaching that also means it is time to get our homes ready for guests to stop by for a visit. Whether it’s just to say hi or spend a few days while traveling its good to prepare your home during the fall before your guests get here so you aren’t scrambling at the last minute trying to get everything ready for holiday guests.
I recently shared why I like to clean a different room in my home every day of the week, so today I’m going to share with you 6 cleaning products you can use to get your home ready for holiday guests. Fall is a great time to deep clean your home and get it ready for the cold winter months. Whether it be giving an area of your home a good scrub or weatherizing your windows to keep the cold out, this list of products helps tackle six to-do’s from your fall cleaning checklist.
- Eliminate Odors. No one wants to come home to a stinky home. Odors can happen anywhere at anytime for a variety of reasons. Getting rid of the stink doesn’t have to be difficult. PowerOE offers an odor eliminating option with both an all-purpose cleaner and room spray. I love that PowerOE uses essential oils in their products. I love the way that essential oils smell and the aromatherapy benefits that they can provide. The best part about PowerOE’s odor eliminating products is that the ingredient list is short featuring plant derived ingredients so I can feel good about using these products around my family.
Interested in these products? Try them out by using the code TDD17 for 25% off PowerOE products.
- Get Rid of Stains. When preparing your home for holiday guests it is best to make sure all of your linens are fresh and clean. I like to give of the blankets, sheets, and towels in our home a fresh wash before storing them for guests. This ensures that you will always have clean linens on hand just in case an unexpected visitor may arrive. Molly’s Suds offers cleaning products that are not only safe for people but also our planet. Their Oxygen Whitener is chlorine-free, color safe while the All Sport Laundry Wash is free from synthetic fragrances and dyes making it non-toxic and leaves no residue on your clothes after washing. The best part is that no matter what type of machine you use, Molly’s Suds cruelty free laundry products will work with all machines or can be used for hand washing.
Want to try Molly’s Suds? Use code DIVABABBLE for 25% OFF Molly’s Suds products (EXP 10/31/2017).
*cannot be combined w/ any other offers.
- Scrub the Tough Stuff Whether daily cleaning or deep cleaning we are bound to come across something that is difficult to clean especially when it comes to dishes. With baking season just beginning there is bound to be some difficult to clean dishes left behind. The Scour Daddy is an ArmorTec Mesh Scouring Pad that resists odors and offers scratch-free cleaning power for delicate surfaces. I love using Scrub Daddy products in my kitchen as they hold up really well. The Caddy Daddy for Scrub Daddy Scour Daddy or Scrub sponges is a great addition as it helps to dry out your scrubbers or sponges when not in use. That way you’ll always have a dry Scour Daddy near by for cleaning.
- Deep Clean All the Way to the Grout. When it comes to deep cleaning sometimes getting the grout on tile can be particularly difficult. I mean no one has all day to sit and clean grout so any product that would make this task easier is always a winner in my book. Grout Gator was designed to do just that. With multiple adjustable brush heads you’ll be able to clean the grout lines in your bathroom quickly.The Grout Gator cleans tiles up to 13 inches and has quickly become one of those cleaning tools that I never knew I needed.
Want to add a Grout Gator to your Cleaning Supplies? Use code BB17 for 15% off at GroutGator.com.
- Mop up the Dirt. Rain or snow can track in lots of dirt into your home. The ProMist Max Microfiber Spray Mop from O-Cedar tackles the task of mopping quickly and easily. I love that I am able to use my own solution with this mop. This gives me incredibly flexibility in the range of products that I am able to use. My other favorite feature of the O-Cedar ProMist Max is the Eco Friendly reusable microfiber cleansing pad. When it gets dirty all I have to do is toss it in the washing machine to clean. This saves me both time and money because I don’t have to go out of my way to buy disposable pads in order to use this mop. Sign up for special offers to receive savings sent directly to your inbox.
- Block Cold Air from Coming Into Your Home. Here in the south we don’t remove our window air conditioner units during winter. Instead we often seal up our windows from drafts with an insulating film. For several years now, our go-to brand for this job has been Duck Brand. The Roll-On Window Kit are the ones that we typically purchase to insulate all of our windows. Besides the obvious of cold air entering our home through window air conditioner units, the cracks around the windows due to living in an older home is also another reason why we use an insulating film on our windows during the winter months. The Duck Brand Roll-On Window Kit is incredibly easy to use. The pre-taped edge makes applying the insulated film simple. To insulate you use a hairdryer to shrink the film & remove wrinkles. As you can see in the photo below, you can barely tell that there is even insulated film applied over top of the window because it is completely see through. With curtains and blinds the Duck Brand Window Insulation Kit looks just like your regular window. The only thing you will notice is how much warmer a room is which will help save on your energy bills.
Often times we only think of deep cleaning in the spring but it is also very important to deep clean your home in the fall to get prepared for the winter that follows. So grab your favorite products and let’s get started!