The Ultimate Toast Topping Combination: Peanut Butter, Banana, Chia Seeds

The blog uses affiliate links which simply means that by purchasing something after clicking one of these links, I may receive a small commission (at no additional cost to you). Thank you for helping support my family. For additional information, please see our Disclosure Policy.

Toast is such a basic food that it often isn’t even thought about in terms of being something that one would crave. The secret to desirable toast is all in the topping combination. Today I want to share with you how to put together, what I would easily consider, the ultimate toast topping combination.

The Ultimate Toast Topping Combination: Peanut Butter, Banana, & Chia Seeds drizzled with Honey (recipe)

For this recipe, you’ll need a few ingredients that you probably already have in your cupboards.

• 2 slices of bread of choice
  • peanut butter (crunchy or creamy, whatever you like best)
  • 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 banana
  • honey

Start by toasting 2 slices of bread. After toasting, top with desired amount of peanut butter onto each piece of bread. Drizzle in zig zag motions with desired amount of honey- more or less depending on how sweet you want your toast to be. Next sprinkle both pieces of toast with the chia seeds. Then cut a banana into 18 slices and place on top of your toast in 3 rows of 3 pieces each.

That’s it! This toast takes less than 5 minutes to assemble and is completely satisfying when it comes to getting rid of that hungry feeling. I love to eat it first thing for breakfast or as snack between meals. I also love that this uses one of my favorite ingredients, Chia Seeds. I love to make my own yogurt and chia seed jars that pairs perfectly with fresh fruit or by adding them into a smoothie, but adding them as a toast topping has quickly become a new favorite way to eat Chia.

What is your favorite toast toppings?

Heather is a homeschooling mom of two boys currently living in central Georgia. She has been sharing her domestic story online as a lifestyle blogger for 15 years. Through her blog and social media platforms, Heather provides a glimpse into domestic life as she shares with other stay-at-home moms how she tackles modern homemaking and the challenges of raising a family.

Find me on: Web | Twitter | Facebook

1. Elizabeth
    May 24, 2017 / 9:58 am

Super easy and simple toast, that like you said it completely puts away that hunger feeling if you have it between meals. Thank you Heather!

2. June 7, 2018 / 1:44 pm

Yummm! Peanut butter and banana are my favorite combo (and even better when you add chocolate!) .

3. June 7, 2018 / 2:05 pm

You come up with such amazing food ideas that are so quick and easy! I absolutely love it! I would have never thought to make something like this. I am so glad I saw this. Thanks for such great suggestions! :)

4. June 7, 2018 / 2:06 pm

This is a great idea for breakfast or a snack. Sounds delicious. Can’t wait to try it out:) Great way to eat Chia seeds.

5. June 8, 2018 / 7:58 am

Yum! My favorite way is to do 45 calorie Sara Lee wheat bread with sliced banana and almond butter from Trader Joe’s. I’ve never added Chia seeds but it’s certainly worth a try since they’re so good for you!

6. June 8, 2018 / 8:14 am

OMG looks delicious…I’m still on diet and this looks like a dream to me :D

My Favorites on Amazon

Stainless Steel Straws with Silicon Tips
Circleware 1 Gallon Lancaster Glass Mason Jar Beverage Dispenser with Locking Swing Top Lid
KitchenAid Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer
Lodge 10.5 Inch Square Cast Iron Grill Pan
You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Oster Extra Large Digital Countertop Convection Oven
AmazonBasics Pre-Seasoned Cast Iron Pizza Pan
20 oz BEAST stainless steel cup
BrüMate Winesulator 25 Oz Triple-Walled Insulated Wine Canteen Made Of Stainless Steel, 24-hour Temperature Retention, Shatterproof, Comes With Matching Silicone Funnel (Glitter Violet)
Nostalgia RSM602 Retro Snow Cone Maker
Instant Pot 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker
Embrava Sports Water Bottle
Jade Roller for Face 2 in 1 Gua Sha Tools
Rose Teddy Bear
Rose Quartz Air Plant
Hamilton Beach Compact Glass Kettle
RTIC 64 oz half gallon water jug
Womens Slides,Arch Support Sandals with Faux Fur Comfort Fuzzy Slipper
Crystal Water Bottle
You: A Novel by Caroline Kepnes
Egofine Popcorn Maker Machine, 1200W Healthy Hot Air Popcorn Popper, No Oil Needed
MyMealivos Canvas Weekender Bag, Overnight Travel Carry On Duffel with Shoe Pouch
Nostalgia Retro Hard & Sugar Free Cotton Candy Maker
Worlds Smallest Glo Worm
Google Chromecast
Cuisinart GR-4N 5-in-1 Griddler
BrüMate Uncork’d XL 14oz Wine Glass Tumbler With Splash-proof Lid – Made With Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel (Glitter Violet)
YETI Rambler 14 oz Stainless Steel Vacuum Insulated Mug Lid