This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
‘Tis the season for pie. Lots and lots of pie!
The other night, I had a chocolate craving that hit me like no other. I wanted something decadent and chocolatey and I wanted it quickly. Enter the 5 minute chocolate cheesecake icebox pie.
This no-bake pie recipe literally takes all of 5 minutes and only 5 ingredients to put together, making it the perfect go-to recipe to satisfy a chocolate craving. You won’t believe how easy it is to make a 5 minute chocolate cheesecake icebox pie.
This recipe is quick, simple, and delicious. It utilizes a pre-made Oreo pie crust, chocolate instant pudding mix, and cream cheese to make a decadent dessert everyone will love.
Neufchatel Cheese or Cream Cheese?
In this recipe, it does not matter if you use Neufchatel Cheese or Cream cheese in this recipe. Use whichever you prefer.
I often use Neufchatel Cheese in recipes that call for cream cheese because it has a little bit less fat. But other than that it tastes the exact same to me.
Can I use Homemade Whipped Cream?
Absolutely! You don’t have to use the whipped topping in this recipe. You can make your own whipped cream by whipping Heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
Just don’t forget to sweeten your homemade whipped cream with a little bit of powdered sugar because whipped topping like Cool-whip is slightly sweet.
Can I make my own crust?
Yes absolutely. To make your own Oreo crust first crush up some Oreos into small cookie crumbs and mix with a little bit of melted butter. Press into a pie pan before adding the chocolate cheesecake filling.
Of course, making your own Oreo pie crust will add a bit more prep time to your 5 minute chocolate cheesecake but homemade is always better so I say go for it if you have the time!
People are raving about this 5 minute chocolate cheesecake pie on Pinterest:
A little slice of deliciousness! I have made this for a couple of family events and has now officially become my new “go to” dessert for events because it goes together quickly and easily and can be prepared a day ahead of time and also because I get a lot of requests for it.Nicole Mad Tatter @Nicbrun77
Very quick and easy to make. I saved back just a bit of the whip topping to put on top and shaved a chocolate bar onto it.Katryna @kattown
5 Minute Chocolate Cheesecake Icebox Pie
- 1 small box of chocolate instant pudding
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese softened (or Neufchatel Cheese can be substituted)
- 1 8 oz tub of whipped topping
- 1 pre-made OREO pie crust can be found with other pre-made pie crusts at the grocery store in the baking aisle
- In a mixing bowl, with a hand mixer cream the softened cream cheese.
- Add the milk and chocolate instant pudding. Mix together until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping until uniform in color.
- Add the chocolate cheesecake mixture to the pre-made oreo pie crust.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow the pudding mixture to set completely and chill. Keep refrigerated.