This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
Ingredients in store bought coffee creamer are not good
Store bought coffee creamer has never been my thing. I’ve never truly liked the taste of it. Ever since I started reading the labels on the foods that I buy, I will never buy store bought coffee creamer again especially since I know how easy it is to make at home.
Made with only 3 ingredients, you won’t believe how easy it is to make this coffee creamer recipe! Add a splash of sweet cream to any of your favorite coffee recipes with this homemade coffee creamer recipe.
Homemade Tastes better than Store-bought Coffee Creamer
It’s no secret that homemade always tastes better.
I love figuring out how to make something homemade. Doing this helps me cut out as much processed foods from my family’s diet as possible.
I find that when I use this coffee creamer in my brewed coffee that I don’t have to add any additional sweetness because this recipe contains just the right amount of sweetness that I crave on groggy mornings.
For this homemade coffee creamer recipe you only need 3 ingredients!
- Whole Milk: I prefer to use whole milk in this recipe just to give the coffee creamer a bit more richness but if you prefer to use 2% or skim you can also use that as well.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: this not only helps make your coffee creamer recipe creamy but it also adds sweetness as well. Depending on what kind of coffee you are making you might not even have to add any additional sweetener to your coffee.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: pure vanilla extract is the only way to go in my opinion. I know there is imitation vanilla out there but it doesn’t taste quite the same. If you need to substitute imitation vanilla extract for pure vanilla extract you absolutely can do that but just know that pure vanilla extract will definitely taste the best.
This recipe only requires only 3 ingredients. It is both satisfyingly sweet and creamy with a hint of vanilla goodness that will have you looking forward to your next morning cup of joe.
How to make Homemade Coffee Creamer
- Pour – pour all of your ingredients into a large mixing bowl preferably with a pour spout
- Mix – with a wire whisk, whisk until everything is combined
- Store – transfer to a large container with a pour spout and store in the refrigerator. Use a little or a lot in your coffee based on your personal taste preference.
Product Recommendations for the Best Coffee at Home
- French Press: a French press is a great way to make a variety of different types of coffee. You can even make a cold brew in a French press. It is very easy to use and easier to store than a traditional coffee maker.
- Simple Espresso Maker & Milk Steamer: If you need an simple, easy to use espresso maker this is a good option that won’t break the bank. You don’t need anything fancy when make espresso despite what anyone says. To get a coffeehouse type coffee at home all you need is espresso’d coffee and steamed milk.
- 100% Caffeine Free Coffee Alternative: I’ve been caffeine free for about 5 years now and one thing that I miss the most is coffee. I’ve been on the hunt for a good coffee alternative ever since I gave up caffeine completely. I finally found it and I can not believe it! When I tell you THIS TASTES EXACTLY LIKE REAL COFFEE BUT 100% CAFFEINE FREE, it truly is a miracle. I can not rave about this brand enough. The best part is I can prepare it in my espresso machine, French press, or coffee maker just like real coffee. If you are caffeine free as well you will not have to miss coffee any longer with this coffee alternative. It is the best one out there!
- Glass Carafe: when you make your own coffee creamer, you need something to store it in. I prefer to go with glass because it won’t absorb any weird flavors like plastic might. Plus glass will last you quite a while and is so easy to clean. This one is exactly like the one that I have but with a convenient handle to make pouring so much easier.
- Glass Tea Cups : I absolutely love these large glass coffee mugs. The kids and I use them all the time for a variety of things. We don’t use them just for drinks like coffee and tea but we also use them as dessert bowls or to hold cereal or yogurt in the morning. They are great for holding homemade soup and chili or affogato (an easy way to make coffee ice cream with only 2 ingredients). Because they are made of glass they will last quite a while. They’ve been the best investment.
- Insulated Stainless Steel To-Go Coffee Cup : I know you are busy, then chances are you’ll need something to take your coffee with you. Or if you are a mom you might not be able to drink your coffee when you first make it. Insulated stainless steel coffee cups have been a life saver. They will keep your coffee warm for a long time so if you won’t be able to drink your coffee quickly you can put it in one of these cups and it will still be warm when you are able to drink it.
- 3 Qt Large Mixing Bowl with Pour Spout: I prefer glass or stainless steel cookware. When mixing up your ingredients you want to make sure that your mixing bowl is large enough. Using something with a pour spout will make it so much easier to transfer your homemade coffee creamer into a storage container once it is all mixed up.
- Wire Whisk: whether you are mixing up your homemade coffee creamer recipe or frothing milk for a latte, a good wire whisk is a must in every home kitchen.
How to store Homemade Coffee Creamer
This homemade coffee creamer is best stored in an airtight container in the fridge. I prefer to use a glass carafe to store my creamer in the fridge.
If you prefer a less sweet creamer, you can whisk in additional cups of whole milk. If adding additional cups of milk, a larger glass pitcher with lid may be best for storing your homemade coffee creamer in the fridge.
How long until this coffee creamer recipe expires?
This all depends on the expiration date of the milk that you used. When making this coffee creamer, take note of the expiration date on the milk used because this is when your coffee creamer will expire.
Because we are using fresh ingredients, your expiration date will be shorter than that of store-bought coffee creamer that is full of unhealthy preservatives and other weird ingredients.
Can I make this homemade coffee creamer with plant milk?
Yes, you can switch out the whole milk for a plant based milk like almond or oat. However, if you do that you will also need to switch the sweetened condensed milk to something plant based as well as since it is made from regular milk.
Sweet Cream Homemade Coffee Creamer Recipe
- 8 cups whole milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and milk until thoroughly combined.
- Transfer to a container with a lid.
- Store in the refrigerator. Add as little or as much as you like to your favorite brewed coffee.
Other Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
What is your favorite flavor of coffee creamer?
In the comment section below, let us know what your favorite flavor of coffee creamer is.
Did you make this recipe? How did it turn out? Would you do anything differently?