This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
Table of Contents
Disclosure: this post was sponsored by Walmart.
Having a party, tailgating, or want something different for dinner? This easy mini garlic cheeseburger sliders recipe will feed your entire crowd!
These cheeseburger sliders are going to be the talk of your big game get together or family gathering. You won’t believe how easy they are to make!
Can you make Cheeseburger Sliders without Onion Soup Mix?
Absolutely! Many people use onion soup mix in their cheeseburger slider recipe for ease and convenience. But did you know that it is just as easy to use your own spices that you more than likely already have in your kitchen cabinet?
The best cheeseburger slider recipe doesn’t use onion soup mix. Instead this sliders recipe uses ingredients like Worcestershire sauce, dried minced onion, and fresh garlic for a unique flavor you’ll never find at a fast food restaurant.
Do you make Cheeseburger Sliders with Hawaiian Rolls or Regular Dinner Rolls?
You can use either type of roll that you would like for this recipe. A regular dinner roll will give you that classic cheeseburger flavor while a Hawaiian roll will add a hint of sweetness to your cheeseburger.
If you are looking to mimic a fast food cheeseburger slider then go with a regular dinner roll.
Secret Ingredient to the Best Cheeseburger Sliders is Worcestershire sauce
The little bit of Worcestershire sauce in this cheeseburger sliders recipe makes all the difference in the way that these sliders taste.
If you don’t have Worcestershire sauce you can omit it in this recipe but the ending flavor with be different that the original recipe.
The Worcestershire sauce gives the cheeseburger sliders a smokey, steakburger like flavor.
It is so delicious!
Mini Garlic Burger Sliders are Great for Any Occassion
- Game Day Favorite: The best part of football season has got to be the food. Whether you love dips and appetizers or chicken wings and sliders, game day food is simply the best. My family loves to eat cheeseburgers especially while watching a big game and this cheeseburger slider recipe is the perfect size for snacking!
- Birthday Parties: this recipe is easy to scale to make as many cheeseburger sliders as you need no matter how big the party. Make a burger topping bar with all the fixing so everyone can dress their mini cheeseburger sliders any way they want.
- Holiday Get Togethers: is it just me or do burgers taste better on American holidays? These mini garlic cheeseburger sliders will definitely make your next holiday get together a little more memorable.
- Backyard BBQs: these mini cheeseburger sliders cook up quickly during backyard BBQ’s so you can have more time having fun
- Family Dinner: always a hit with the entire family, these mini cheeseburger sliders will be the best weeknight meal you’ve cooked that week!
What do I need to make Sliders at Home?
- Indoor Grill: I love an indoor grill for this recipe. The reason why I love an indoor grill for this type of recipe is because of how quickly the sliders cook. With an indoor grill you can cook both sides at one time which cuts your cooking time in half. Because this indoor grill has grill plates on the top and bottom, you’ll also get those beautiful grill marks on your sliders.
- Griddle Pan: this is such a great pan to have when cooking things like hamburgers on the stovetop. I use this pan all the time for anything from homemade cheeseburgers and paninis to pancakes.
- Cheese Slice Holder: if you like American Cheese on your hamburgers you’ll know how much of a pain it is to store cheese slices in the fridge. Once you open the package, it seems like the cheese slices just go everywhere in the fridge. This adorable cheese slice holder keeps the cheese slices neat and organized in the fridge.
- Insulated Cooler for Travel: planning on taking your sliders on the road to an event, party, or tailgate? You’ll need an insulated cooler to keep them warm during travel. This insulated cooler is a great option because it has to separate sections: one for drinks or cool things and another compartment that could be used for items you want to keep warm.
How to travel with Mini Garlic Burger Sliders?
Need to make this recipe travel friendly?
Traveling a short distance – After the burgers come out of the oven place the assembled burgers back into the bag that the dinner rolls came in. The dinner roll bag will help to keep the burgers warm and steam the buns making them soft while they journey to their next destination.
Traveling a longer distance – After the burgers come out of the oven. Wrap them in aluminum foil and store in an insulated cooler until you reach your destination. The aluminum foil plus the insulated cooler will help to keep the burgers warm.
Mini Garlic Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tsp of minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 12 dinner rolls or potato rolls
- 6 slices of Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp of minced fresh garlic
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, minced garlic, dried minced onions, and Worcestershire sauce. Mix well.
- Divide meat into 12 even portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap, flatten each ball with a rolling pin until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. You want the burgers just slightly larger than your dinner rolls as they will shrink to the perfect "bun size" as they cook.
- Nonstick Stovetop Pan Instructions: In a preheated nonstick pan, cook burgers on low-medium heat. Once one side has browned, flip the burger with a spatula and continue cooking until cooked all the way through. Cooking times will vary. Indoor Grill Instructions: Simply place each burger patties onto the bottom plate of the preheated (450°F) indoor grill, press the top plate down, and cook until burgers are done.Burgers are done when they are no longer pink in the center.
- Once burgers are cooked, slice dinner rolls in half and place one burger patty inside.
- Take one cheese slice and fold in half, place half a slice of cheese on each burger before place the dinner roll top back onto the burger.
- Combine melted butter and teaspoon of garlic. After placing all of the assembled mini burgers onto a baking sheet, brush the tops of the dinner rolls with the garlic butter mixture.
- Cover baking tray with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes until rolls are soft and cheese is melted.
- Serve burgers with your favorite toppings (examples: mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.)
Other Homemade Party Snacks
Did you like this recipe? Then, you will LOVE these easy homemade snacks to feed a crowd no matter what the occasion.