This post may contain affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
As you may already know, I’m your Eat-in Friday Velveeta Kitchenista and it’s football time! This past Sunday my husband and I’s favorite teams were playing against each other. It definitely was an eventful game but before I tell you who won that game, let’s head into the kitchen to make Cowboy Quesadillas by Velveeta.
Cheesy quesadillas enhanced with shredded chicken and spicy tomatoes
Hands On: 10 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (1 quesadilla each)
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VelveetaÂ® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into cubes
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*TelÂ® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained, liquid reserved
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken (4 cups = 1 lb)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- PAMÂ® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 1. Combine cheese and drained tomatoes in 1-1/2-quart microwavable bowl; cover. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 5 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended, stirring every 3 minutes. Add reserved tomato liquid, the chicken and onions; mix well. Set aside.
- 2. Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Place 1 tortilla in skillet. Spoon about 3/4 cup chicken mixture onto bottom half of tortilla; fold tortilla over to cover chicken mixture. Cook 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown on both sides. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- 3. Cut into wedges to serve.
So I guess you are wondering who won that game last week? Who do you think? My husband’s team or mine?
I think the photo above pretty much sums it up best.
Disclosure: I have partnered with VELVEETA to serve as one of five VELVEETA it! Kitchenistas. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes vlogging about my cooking experiences with VELVEETA and developing one original VELVEETA-based recipe. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my VELVEETA vlogs. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments.
Heather is your Friday Velveeta it! Kitchenista. Visit http://velveetakitchenistas.com or http://facebook.com/velveeta for more information about the Velveeta it! Kitchenistas.