This post contains affiliate links to Amazon. For more information, please read our Disclosure Policy.
There are days when I just don’t want to cook. Or there are days when I’m just too busy to be in the kitchen longer than 15 minutes but I need to get something on the table for my family fast.
So for these days I have a few quick & easy meal ideas that I will usually cook for my family.
Today I want to share with you a simple meal idea that is great for a quick lunch or dinner. Since it is summer this is a perfect recipe that kids love to help make and eat.
How to Make Pizza Out of Bagels
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 6 plain bagels cut in half
- 2 lbs. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Homemade Pizza Sauce (see link below)
- Toppings of your choice
- Cut bagels in half and lay half side up on a baking sheet. Combine melted butter and garlic in a bowl. Brush each bagel half with butter mixture. In a preheated 450°F oven, bake bagel halves until golden brown about 5-10 minutes.
- Take out of oven and add a thin layer of mozzarella cheese on top of the toasted bagel. Add your desired toppings then add another layer of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Return to oven once more to melt the cheese. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is completely melted.
- Serve with a side of homemade pizza sauce for dipping.
What is your favorite way to eat bagels?
My kids love this recipe, it is a weekly meal request from them. As a mom, I love how simple it is to make with very few ingredients.
By toasting the bagels with garlic butter and serving them with pizza sauce on the side you prevent biting into a soggy bagel.
These pizza bagels are full of flavor and satisfy hunger faster than ordering take-out.
Need a homemade pizza sauce recipe?
Homemade pizza sauce is so easy to make and only requires a few ingredients, most of which you probably already have on hand. This homemade pizza sauce recipe is great to have on hand when that pizza craving strikes.