I’m writing out this recipe to help my husband come Mother’s Day morning. My hubby, who isn’t a coffee drinker, doesn’t have the first clue how to make coffee.
Every year for Mother’s Day I look forward to a meal put together by the kidlets and the husband. Who doesn’t like breakfast in bed? I knew if I tried to explain to him how to use the espresso machine, it would just go over his head (I’m sure all of my coffee speak sounds pretty greek to him). So I made an easier version of my favorite coffee drink, a cafe latte, using Starbucks Via (single-serve instant coffee) that I hope he will be able to recreate come Mother’s Day morning.
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 Starbucks Via (I prefer the House Blend- medium roast but one could also use any other single-serve instant coffee that they might have on hand)
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1-2 tbsp sugar (more or less, whatever you prefer. I’m a 2 tbsp kinda gal)
Homemade Caffe Latte (the easy way)
- In a favorite coffee mug, stir one single serve package of instant coffee (Starbucks VIA) into hot water. Stir until dissolved.
- In a small saucepan, heat up 1 cup of milk over medium heat until nice and warm.
- Pour warmed milk into coffee cup.
- Add sugar to taste.
I love a good, STRONG cup of coffee in the morning. As a professed coffaholic, I swear espresso runs through my veins. This recipe definitely hits the coffee spot. If you don’t like your coffee quite as strong then simply add more milk.
Disclaimer: this post is a part of a series of posts for Mother’s Day, please stay tuned for more Mother’s day inspired postings.