The best part of football season has got to be the food. Whether you love dips and appetizers or chicken wings and sliders, game day food is simply the best. When it comes to feeding a crowd, I like recipes that are not only easy but also delicious. As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was asked to share one of my favorite game day recipes. One of my families favorite game day snacks are mini cheeseburgers. Below you’ll find an easy way to make mini garlic cheeseburgers for a crowd.
Do you have a favorite game time recipe? Check out Walmart’s Game Time Recipes for inspiration and start getting creative in the kitchen. Share your own recipes on Instagram or Twitter using #WalmartMVPContest to be entered into the Walmart Game Time MVP Contest. If you are like me, you love watching YouTube videos over regular TV at times. Check out how some Youtubers put a Game Time spin on traditional nachos as well as tell you some more info on Walmart’s Game Time MVP Contest: How to Make Nachos on iJustine Cooking & Totchos – New Take on Nachos! by Cook with April.
Mini Garlic Cheeseburger Recipe
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions
- 1 tbsp of minced fresh garlic
- 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 12 dinner rolls (or potato rolls)
- 6 slices of Colby and Monterrey Jack Cheese
- 4 tbsp of unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp of minced fresh garlic
Watch this video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/Tin8Hq3p2cs
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, minced garlic, dried minced onions, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide meat into 12 even portions.
- Roll each portion into a ball.
- Between two pieces of plastic wrap, flatten each portion with a rolling pin until about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. You want the burgers just slightly larger than your dinner rolls as they will shrink to the perfect “bun size” as they cook.
- In a preheated nonstick pan, cook burgers on medium-high heat. Once one side begins to brown, flip the burger with a spatula and continue cooking until cooked all the way through. Cooking times will vary. Burgers will be done meat is no longer pink in the center.
These mini burgers can also be cooked on an indoor grill like this Hamilton Beach Indoor Grill. Simply place each burger patties onto the bottom plate of the preheated (450°F) indoor grill, press the top plate down, and cook until burgers are done.
- Once burgers are cooked, slice dinner rolls in half and place one burger patty inside.
- Take one cheese slice and fold in half, place half a slice of cheese on each burger before place the dinner roll top back onto the burger.
- Combine melted butter and teaspoon of garlic. After placing all of the assembled mini burgers onto a baking sheet, brush the tops of the dinner rolls with the garlic butter mixture. Cover baking tray with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 5 minutes until rolls are soft and cheese is melted.
- Serve burgers with your favorite toppings (examples: mustard, ketchup, lettuce, tomatoes, etc.)
Don’t forget to share your favorite Game Time recipe on Instagram with #WalmartMVPContest!
Do you have a recipe that you like to serve your family and friends during Game Time? If so, take a photo of your game time recipe and post it on Instagram or Twitter using #WalmartMVPContest to be entered to win a trip to LA to go to the YouTube studios to have a pre-Superbowl party and create content with YouTube stars. For complete rules, head on over to the Game Time MVP official contest rules page on walmart.com.