APPLES, APPLES, APPLES!!! They are everywhere and Walmart is no exception. I just got back from my local store visiting the Applefest displays. They weren’t kidding when they called it Applefest. Apple Cider, apple baked goods, and really good deals on apples can be found in-store. Now until October 20th, check your local Walmart for deals on Apples.
Apple stuffed Puffed Pastry
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. flour
- 1 cup peeled, diced apples (your favorite kind)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1. Toss chopped apples with flour, set aside.
- 2. Melt butter and sugar in saucepan. Add apples, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- 3. Cook until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- 4. After mixture has cooled. Cut puffed pastry sheet into 4 squares. Spoon cooled apple filling mixture onto each square equally.
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- 5. brush edge of puffed pastry with water and fold over corner to corner to make a big triangle. Stretch the dough if you need to. Make sure edges are sealed or the filling will spill out while baking.
- 6. Place the 4 triangles on greased baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7. After baking allow to cool completely before applying icing.
- 8. Make the icing by combing powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle onto of baked puffed pastry.
- 9. To serve, cut the four large triangles in half so you end up with 8 pastries.
Does an apple a day REALLY keep the doctor away?
Come check out what other Walmart Moms are saying about Applefest: