Home » Couponing

Couponing: Where to find cheap Sunday Papers?

24 June 2011 12 Comments Disclosure

Since beginning my coupon adventure, I’ve been on the search for ways to obtain extra copies of the Sunday paper so that I could have more coupon inserts each week (read: more than one copy of coupons). It wasn’t until my husband called our local paper that I found out a great place to score the Sunday paper relatively cheap. Since my local paper isn’t allowed to sell just the coupon inserts there are two options for us:

1. we could buy a subscription to the paper that would be delivered every week
  2. pick up the paper at our local Walmart for only $1*!!!

Since I am currently using 3 papers a week, I opted just to pick up my papers at my local Walmart versus buying a subscription. And honestly, I had no idea that Walmart’s Sunday paper was so cheap! Other people and most gas stations around town sell the paper for at least $1.50, so the extra trip to Walmart is definitely worth it. Plus I could easily plan out a coupon haul the day before that way I could pick up the things I need with my coupons and get my extra papers all in one trip.

So I just wanted to pass along this info. to those of you that are couponing as well that if you are looking for a great place to pick up cheap extra copies of the Sunday paper check out your local Walmart**.

Dislcosure: I am a Walmart Mom however this post is NOT sponsored by Walmart this is just a post about my own personal experience with trying to find the lowest price on Sunday papers in my area. My experience may be different from others.
**Prices may vary by region (where you live).
*this is the price in my area which may be different from others in other areas

Related Articles

Save the Trip! How to Make a Caramel Macchiato at Home (Recipe) Better than the Coffee Shop
DIY: Make Your iPhone Charger Glitter and Sparkle with Duck Tape
Storage Solution: Daily Makeup Brush Holder

Refresh a Bathroom on a Budget

Always Get the Best Deal with New Savings Tool from Walmart: Savings Catcher

I Believe Heaven Is For Real

Sally Hansen Triple Shine Nail Polish Swatches plus Review

Easy DIY 15 Minute Patriotic Welcome Wreath (Tutorial)

Tags:

Enter your email address:

12 Comments »

• Jamie said:

I didn't know that! I will be heading to WalMart for the paper then.
    My recent post ~Lookbook~ MAC All Of My Purple Life….

• thedomesticdiva.org said:

I had no idea either but I'm glad the newspaper guy gave us the hint :)

• A Mother's Journey said:

Wow! I'm going to check with the Walmart here and see if they do it also. I hope so.

• thedomesticdiva.org said:

I would love to know if the Walmart in your area has the same kind of "deal" as well.

• @Bstar0306 said:

Thanks for the tip…I'm just started with this whole Couponing phase and was in the process of figuring out the best way to get Sunday papers…b/c the newspaper is going to cost me almost $2 a week and I was thinking I could probably get it cheaper somewhere else…I'm going to look at walmart this Sunday and see what I find :D

• thedomesticdiva.org said:

Definitely check out your local Walmart and let me know what you find! It may not be as cheap as what my local store sells it for since your Sunday papers appear to be a bit higher overall, but hopefully there will be some savings there for you. Good luck finding those savings!

• @Bstar0306 said:

Well I went to walmart tonight and found LAST sundays paper and it rang up $2 I probably should have asked for a discount since it was a week old but I didn't think of it lol

We'll see what I find tomorrow…

• thedomesticdiva.org said:

The prices in my region are probably different from where you live. Do you know any people in your area that coupon? Maybe they could offer advice as to where to find coupon inserts cheaply. If you find out where to get cheap papers in your area, please let us know as I'm sure it's going to be different for everyone.

• @Bstar0306 said:

Well I learned this the hard way…if your buying multiple papers…make sure you buy multiples of the SAME paper…where I live there are 3 papers that have coupons…so if you don't buy all 3 of the same paper when you go to organize your coupons (if you sort them where you leave the pages) they aren't in the same order…

• thedomesticdiva.org said:

It's good that you have multiple papers with coupons available in your area though. We only have one paper here. I love hearing how others coupon and I think to all of us it is a learning process to some extent. Thanks for your advice and good luck on your couponing.

• Noodle! said:

But if you buy multiples of the SAME paper then you might miss some good coupons that are in some papers but not others.

• thedomesticdiva.org said: