Wardrobe How-to: Outfits for Transitioning from Winter to Spring
The countdown to spring has begun. It may still be cold but signs of spring are already beginning to pop up all around like in apparel for example. Now is the time when stores, like Walmart, start putting out their new spring fashions which just gets me excited about the warmer days ahead.
Shopping Tips for Transitioning Your Wardrobe Between Seasons
- Shop Early. Shopping before the season hits, means a lot more sizes to choose from. To me there is nothing worse than finding an adorable top or awesome pair of pants but then not being able to find my size.
- Browse Often. Many stores put out their new seasonal items in batches and limited quantities. Browsing the racks of your favorite stores every so often allows you to see what new items are out that week and also allows time to snag your size.
- Go Online. Another place to look for that must-have item is online. Sometimes stores will also offer more size options on their popular merchandise online. Or many times stores will carry different merchandise online than what is available in the store (online only).
I had so much fun putting together affordable outfits from Walmart for Fall that I thought it would be fun to share with you all outfits that can transition from Winter to Spring. As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was challenged by Walmart to see how many outfits I could put together but stay within my allowed budget. So I decided to do two different looks using some of the same pieces in both outfits to show how to wear it for winter and spring.
In our first set of outfits you can see that the color denim trend is still really hot right now but instead of the darker fall like colors for spring the colors will be a bit brighter. With the Teal Faded Glory Skinny Jeans as our base, I switched up the looks between Winter and Spring by simply changing the top that I’m wearing. In Outfit #1 I found a rocker style tee that I paired under a classic white blazer. Outfit #2 we are showing a bit more arm as spring days are usually warmer with a lace detailed top in a contrasting color to our denim but still hanging onto our blazer for those cooler nights.
(found at Walmart)
- No Boundaries Sharbite Top (clearance)- $7.00
- Faded Glory Skinny Jean (Rose)-$16.44
I love these skinny jeans by Faded Glory so I picked up the Rose color for our next set of outfits. In Outfit #3, I paired them with this silk-like blouse that feels so smooth to the touch. This outfit is simple and comfortable. In Outfit #4 as we transition to spring we changed out the silk-like blouse for a flowy sheer top that adds a lot of interesting detail to our outfit with the dove print.
All of the pieces I’ve shown in these outfits can be mixed and matched to get a lot of different looks.
What items are you looking to add to your wardrobe?
Are you ready for Spring?
Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve received a giftcard to purchase the products mentioned and compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Tags: Beauty & Fashion Finds
• Fashion Finds
• Walmart Moms