Last Updated on
Black Friday is my favorite shopping day of the year. I just love snagging a great deal! If you follow me on Twitter or Facebook, you may have seen the announcement that Walmart has released their Black Friday AD online! Woo-hoo! I’ve already begun making my shopping list.
If you’ve ever shopped on Black Friday you know how thrilling it can be. I’ve shopped Black Friday for the past couple of years and had a lot of fun doing so. As a part of the Walmart Moms, I was asked to share some of my black friday shopping tips. Here are a few tips I’ve learned from my own shopping experiences.
- 1. Take a Nap on Thanksgiving Day: many Black Friday deals, including those at Walmart, are starting earlier than what we’ve seen in the past. This means that usually after all that turkey on Thanksgiving Day you’ll have your first chance to grab some deals at your local store at 6pm on Thursday. Before I head out shopping on Thursday night, I like to take a nap earlier that afternoon so that I’m alert and ready to find the deals on my shopping list.
- 2. Coffee! In years pasts, I’ve noticed that my favorite coffee shops aren’t open on Thanksgiving Day or in the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday. Maybe they will change it this year, but just to be safe I like to fill my favorite travel mug with my favorite coffee drink before heading out the door for a little extra boost of energy along the way.
- 3. Shop with a Friend or Family Member: typically items on my shopping lists are usually located on opposite ends of the store. If they both go on sale at the same time it can be a bit hard to get from one end of the store to the other before they are sold out. When shopping with a friend, one person can be at one end of the store while the other is at the opposite end so you both can help each other out grabbing the deals you are going for.
- 4. Have Hubby watch the Kids: if you are shopping on Black Friday chances are that you will either be out late or up early. Rather than drag the kids along ask someone else if they would be willing to watch them for you while you shop. Thankfully my husband often watches the kids for me while I do my Black Friday shopping.
- 5. Make a Plan BEFORE Going to the Store: browse the online black friday ad before heading to the store and write down everything that is on your list. I use the to-do app on my iPhone to make a list of the deals I’m going for. Walmart has different deals at different times during their Black Friday sale so be sure to note what times different items go on sale.
- 6. Get there EARLY! When it comes to waiting in line at the store for the Black Friday sale to start, one has to have a lot of patience. I like to arrive at the store at least an hour earlier than when the Black Friday event begins to give me enough time to navigate the store and find the items I’m looking for and of course grab my spot in line.
- 7. Bring a Cell Phone and make sure it’s fully charged! If you are shopping Black Friday with a friend chances are you’ll be splitting up in the store in order to grab the most deals. Make sure to have your cell phone handy to communicate with your friend on what to grab and where to meet up in the store after shopping. Your cell phone can also help with passing the time while you wait in line.
- 8. Avoid the main aisles when navigating the store: In years past, I’ve noticed that most of the Black Friday deals are around the perimeter of the store. So when navigating the store to get from one end to the other instead of weeding through the crowd in the main aisles take advantage of the aisles in the middle of the store as an easy navigation route to get from one end of the store to the other.
- 9. Stick to Your List: It’s easy to get caught up in the Black Friday excitement. Seeing everyone filling their carts is thrilling but this is where it is important to make your list and stick to it! Avoid unexpected purchases by only buying the deals that you put on your list before you went to the store.
- 10. Gift Storage Plan: after grabbing all those goodies for the family during a Black Friday shopping trip make sure you have a plan as to where you are going to store those gifts until the “big day”. Over the years I’ve had several “gift hiding spots” but each year I end up moving or changing it because the kidlets start to catch on as to where I’ve hidden their gifts. Out of sight at the top of a closet, in a plastic storage bin, what are some of your best gift hiding places?
One of my favorite Black Friday tips is to plan out your shopping trip before you head to the store. To me, making a shopping list is one of the funnest parts. To help you get started planning your Black Friday shopping trip check out walmart.com/blackfriday. Like, I mentioned earlier Walmart’s Black Friday AD is already available online to help you get started planning your shopping trip. Here’s a break-down of some of the deals you’ll be able to find in Walmart stores during their Black Friday Event.
Looking for this years Black Friday deals? While the following Black Friday deals have expired, don’t worry as Walmart’s 2014 Black Friday Ad is even better. Take a Look!
3 Shopping Events Walmart has three different Black Friday Events from 6pm Thursday, Nov. 28 to 8am Friday, Nov. 29th. During these 3 events, Walmart will offer different deals on different items, while supplies last. Below are just a few deals you’ll see at each event, for a complete list be sure to browse through Walmart’s Black Friday AD online. Starting at 6 p.m., Nov. 28 Licensed sleepwear for kids- $4.50 More than 100 video games priced at $10, $15 and $25 each Home Appliances for $9.44 Starting at 8 p.m., Nov. 28 Nabi Tablet – $99 (a $80 savings) Canon T3 dsLR Bundle (75-300mm lens, bag and 8GB card) – $449 (special buy) Monster Headphones – $79.95 (a $50 savings) Starting at 8 a.m., Nov. 29 Apple iPhone 5C ($45) and 5S ($189) with a $75 Walmart gift card; requires a two-year contract from AT&T or Verizon Keurig K70 Platinum Brewing System – $169 with a $20 Walmart gift card Shatterproof Ornament 80-pack – $30 (special buy)
1-Hour In Stock Guarantee! What exactly is the 1-hour in stock guarantee? If you are in designated lines in Walmart stores between the specific time frames of 6-7pm & 8-9pm on Thursday, Nov. 28 you’ll have the opportunity to purchase the top gifts at special, Black Friday low prices. If you purchase one of the special 1-Hour Guarantee items and your store sells out of the special items in-store, they will ship the item to your store for you to pick up before Christmas. For more information check out the 1-Hour In Stock Guarantee page on Walmart.com. This is a great way to get that great Black Friday deal on some of the top gifts this year. Here are some of the 1-Hour In Stock Guarantee deals you’ll find in-store: 6 p.m. Thanksgiving Day: Vizio 60″ Class Smart LED 1080p HDTV – $688 (a $310 savings) Apple iPad mini Wi-Fi 16GB (two colors) – $299 with a $100 Walmart gift card Funai 32″ LED 720p HDTV – $98 (special buy) Furby Boom – $29 (a $30 savings) HP Pavillion TouchSmart Laptop – $278 (special buy) Call of Duty Ghosts (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3) – $39.96 (a $20 savings) LG Blu-ray Player – $38 (special buy) Graco Travel System (stroller and infant car seat) – $99 (special buy) 1 Carat T.W. Diamond and Sterling Silver Pendant and Earring Set – $98 Assassins Creed, NBA 2K14, Batman, Grand Theft Auto V (Xbox 360 and Playstation 3) – $34 each (a $25.96 savings) 8 p.m. Thursday, Thanksgiving Day; One-Hour Guarantee: Beats by Dr. Dre Solo Headphones – $114.95 (a $85 savings) Straight Talk Galaxy Centura prepaid phone – $29 (a $70.88 savings) RCA Dual Core Tablet – $49 (special buy)
Manager’s Special On Friday, Nov. 29 from 8am to 2pm, Walmart will be dropping prices on popular items throughout the store. Local Store Managers will also be lowering prices on items as well.
To find out more details be sure to “like” your local Walmart on Facebook.
Want a sneak peek of what deals you can find at Walmart’s Black Friday event? Check out this series of videos on Walmart’s YouTube Page. You may be familiar with fellow Walmart Mom, Erika from Chic Shopper Chick, she does an amazing job sharing the incredible deals one can find on Black Friday this year at Walmart! What’s on your Black Friday shopping list?