Easy DIY 15 Minute Patriotic Welcome Wreath (Tutorial)
The Fourth of July is tomorrow! Are you ready to celebrate? As a Walmart Mom, I put together an easy, festive wreath that one can do in as little as 15 minutes. This craft is a perfect way to celebrate Independence Day or any day of the year in it’s patriotic colors of red, white and blue. Welcome guests to your next BBQ with this beautiful wreath hung on your front door.
I found all of the supplies that I needed to make this wreath at my local Walmart. As soon as I saw these festive faux flowers in the craft department, I knew I just HAD to make a craft with them. I mean, how could I not? The center of these flowers are red jewels. If you’ve been following my blog for any length of time then you know that this diva loves anything that will glitter and sparkle in the sun. A touch of bling is always a good thing in my book. Another item I couldn’t pass up is this chalkboard hanging plaque. Chalkboard paint is one of those craft supplies that I always on hand, I have even painted the doors in my office with chalkboard paint, so to see this little gem at Walmart was a great find.
Products found at Walmart
- 1 gerbera daisy bush with blue and white star pattern plus 4 gerbera daisy bush with red and white striped flowers- $3.00 each (each bush has 5 flowers on it)
- Chalkboard Hanging Plaque- $2.97
- Grapevine Wreath- $4.47
- Floral Wire or Twist Tie
- Glue Gun with Glue Sticks
The steps to putting this wreath together are pretty easy and straight forward.
- Remove the heads of the flowers from the stems. Discard the stems as they will not be used in this craft.
- Arrange your flower heads around the wreath as a guide for how you would like them to look before securing them to the wreath. Try to cover as much of the grapevine wreath as possible so that it can not be seen. I opted to group all of the blue flowers together in one section and filled the rest of the wreath with the red & white flowers to resemble an American Flag.
- Then apply a good amount of glue to the remaining stem on the back of the flower and press into place onto the wreath. Hold for 10 secs to give the glue a chance to stick to the wreath before going onto the next flower.
Complete the above steps until all of the flowers are securely attached to the grapevine wreath.
This next few steps are optional as you can see the wreath looks beautiful by itself. But I always like adding a little something extra that hangs from the bottom of my wreaths and I think the addition of the chalkboard welcome sign underneath the wreath is perfect for this. One could write a simple “Welcome” or you could also write your house number or patriotic message. All I did to attach the welcome sign to my wreath was use a twist tie, or floral wire if you have some, to secure it to the back of the wreath. It can easily be removed and used on other wreaths that you make later on.
This wreath turned out better than I had imagined it would. I love the fullness of it and the patriotic colors. It looks beautiful wherever it is hung. I love those flowers that I found at Walmart so much. I’m definitely going to be on the lookout for similar ones for future craft projects.
Have a Safe & Happy Holiday!
Looking for more festive projects, check out what some of the other Walmart Moms are making:
Disclosure: As a participant in the Walmart Moms Program, I’ve been compensation for my time and efforts in creating this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. My experience may differ from your own.
Tags: Fourth of July • Holidays • Independence day • Labor Day • Memorial Day • Walmart • Walmart Moms